Changing the way we innovate
Cumulus Park is a collaborative innovation district in Amsterdam Southeast full of ambition and growth that will develop in the coming years. It is initiated by ING and is now supported by the municipality of Amsterdam, the Amsterdam University of Applied Science and the ROC van Amsterdam.
Cumulus Park offers a network, inspiration, processes and physical spaces for new generations of students, (mid) corporates, innovators, researchers and local entrepreneurs. From a green park to the faculties of the Amsterdam University of Applied Science and the ROC van Amsterdam. From a globally oriented restaurant concept to offices where workspaces are designed to co-create, learn, research and inspire.
The power of collaboration
We see many sectors and domains changing as a result of rapid technological developments; facing challenges that are more complex and different from the ones we are traditionally used to. To find solutions, we increasingly need a wide range of resources, skills and expertise that go beyond a single business or sector.
So, we are working on a new initiative that offers infrastructure for innovative collaboration, supported by a climate of openness and trust. Large, medium and small businesses and organizations from a range of public and private sectors can collaborate to share risks, try out multiple solutions and reduce the cost of innovation with the aim of accelerating and funding more relevant and workable innovations. This will benefit society and will help to future-proof businesses.
Three programs on collaborative innovation
We are starting with three programs that offer the infrastructure for powerful innovation with collaboration as a core principle:
Co-creation: an incubator for partnerships
powered by Teeming
- Join micro-communities around specific topics with like-minded innovators from different companies and organizations working towards new solutions
- Find and match collaboration partners
- Learn a structured approach to collaborative innovation (from matching to realization)
- Work with a network of experienced innovation experts and mentors.
Scouting and scaling
powered by Plug and Play
- Attracting new solutions and technologies from all over the world via scouting
- 3-month accelerator and business development programs
- Focus on mature-stage start-ups and scale-ups
- Create investment and collaborative opportunities
- Join a community of the world`s largest corporations, experienced experts, international mentors, experts and venture capitalists
Education and research
in collaboration with TU Delft, AMS Institute, CWI, Hogeschool van Amsterdam, ROC van Amsterdam and others
- Build new capabilities in emerging fields with companies and knowledge institutes
- Grow, retain and attract talent
- Get access to the latest scientific insights and apply them to your business
- Find partners to initiate and co-fund research.
In the heart of Amsterdam Zuidoost, on the doorstep of Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena train station, you can find Cumulus Park. Cumulus Park offers an inspiring mix of meeting spaces, event and workspaces, sports facilities, labs, lecture halls, research facilities and green areas.
Great things happen when we work together. Going at it alone is not enough if we are to address the challenges we face in our future urban and digital lives. This is why ING joined forces with the Municipality of Amsterdam, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, the ROC van Amsterdam, Plug and Play, Teeming, Delft University, AMS Institute and others to develop Cumulus Park. A collaborative innovation district in Amsterdam Zuidoost where people and organizations come together in a unique community where different disciplines, sectors and backgrounds work on issues of today and of the future.